[PVE-User] Intel X710 10Gbit network card

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Apr 15 20:24:07 CEST 2015

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 21:01:35 +0300
Sten Aus <sten.aus at eenet.ee> wrote:

> > What does tcpdump disclose running on host and in VM?
> >
> > On host tcpdump -i vmbr10
> Coworker did a lot of tcpdumps during the day and it appears the VM tap device is not getting ARPs back. I mean this tap device what qemu brings up/makes.

A long shot. Try to disable hardware checksum offload since it is know
to cause problems in virtualized environments.
You can try with ethtool before making permanent changes: ethtool -K
eth5 tx off

If that works you could add it permanently to udev:

Create this file: /etc/udev/rules.d/81-bridge.rules
With the following content:
ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="net", NAME=="vmbr*", RUN+="/sbin/ethtool -K
$env{INTERFACE} tx off"

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Detroit is Cleveland without the glitter.