[PVE-User] Hotplug Memory boots VM with 1GB

Brian Hart brianhart at ou.edu
Mon Apr 13 04:36:43 CEST 2015

Hi - Thanks for the response!

Yes, I do have the udev rules in place and when I increase the memory in
the web gui from say 4GB to 4.5GB it will add all of the memory that it was
missing from boot plus the additional 500.  When I look in
/sys/devices/system/memory it only lists the memory modules that were from
when the system was on.  I can also see in dmesg output "Hotplug Mem
Device" from during boot but its almost like the kernel isn't getting
notified during boot and which also keeps udev from ever seeing it and
setting it to online.  CentOS 6 should have no problem with hotplugging
memory but it doesn't seem to take it with the way Proxmox handles it at
boot.

Thanks!

Brian