[PVE-User] Weird use-case for rgmanager/HA config

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Apr 8 17:41:26 CEST 2015

Hi all,

In my past Proxmox VE experience, there have been a few times where a VM
has totally crashed (ie, qemu process crash); backup problems, disk
problems, etc...

All these times the physical node running the crashed VM was OK and a
"qm start" or maybe a "qm unlock; qm start" was enough to have it
working properly again.

I was thinking that maybe the HA function without fencing device can be
used for automatic recovery of these events, so that the VM is restarted
on the same cluster node after it has crashed.

I know it won't work in the event of a node hardware failure, I'm not
trying to achieve that.

Do you see any evident problem I'm not seeing?

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico