[PVE-User] about Intel 82576 nic multiple queue issue.

Dhaussy Alexandre ADhaussy at voyages-sncf.com
Mon Sep 22 19:31:25 CEST 2014

Hello,

I also have some trouble with dropped/underruns paquets...maybe this is related.
My cards is Intel 82580 Gigabit.

I didn't check for queues...

root at proxmoxt2:~# grep eth6 /proc/interrupts
 102:          1          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0
       0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0  IR-PCI-MSI-edge      eth6
 103: 1447352150          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0
       0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0          0  IR-PCI-MSI-edge      eth6-TxRx-0

I have only one queue combined for tx/rx... is it normal ?

root at proxmoxt2:~# ethtool -l eth6
Channel parameters for eth6:
Pre-set maximums:
RX:             16
TX:             16
Other:          1
Combined:       16
Current hardware settings:
RX:             0
TX:             0
Other:          1
Combined:       1

I checked on another server with igb and CentOS 6 kernel...and i have 8 combined channels when looking at /proc/interrupts.
But i can't verify it with ethtool (Operation not supported.)

Maybe you could try to set channels settings with ethtool -L ?

Regards,
Alexandre.