[PVE-User] Ceph is the preferred proxmox shared storage?

Angel Docampo adocampo at dltec.net
Wed Oct 29 10:50:50 CET 2014

On 29/10/14 09:38, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> Hi Angel,
>
> On 29/10/14 09:25, Angel Docampo wrote:
>> Bonded interfaces on linux are active-backup, so you have a 1Gb
>> connexion on the storage side. Consider to upgrade to a faster
>> ethernet/fiberchannel/infiniband.
> I don't think this is the case. You can configure many modes on bonded
> interfaces; only a few of them are active-backup. For details, see
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

Hi Eneko

I spoke based on my experience, and I'm not a network expert, so if I'm
wrong, please excuse me (and enlight me! :)). What I meant is I know
there are several modes, but none of them can "sum" both network
interfaces bandwith (i.e.: 1Gb eth + 1Gb eth becoming a virtual 2Gb
interface). I think the mode would be balance-rr but that mode come with
many troubles.

Regards

--

*Angel Docampo