[PVE-User] Bad crash pmxcfs

Dhaussy Alexandre ADhaussy at voyages-sncf.com
Fri Oct 24 12:09:05 CEST 2014

Le 24/10/2014 11:23, Dietmar Maurer a écrit :
>> Maybe it should be tuned by default, especially when proxmox is used as storage
>> server.
> Not sure why you run into that limit? Are there many connections to the API on that server?

I'm not sure if it's the proper way to count open files, but here's my
top5 :

root at proxmoxt2:~#  lsof | grep / | sort -k9 -u | grep -w root | awk
'{print $1}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -r
     546 kvm
     465 glusterfs
      94 corosync
      66 pmxcfs
      47 pve-firew

> Maybe we should set ulimit in /etc/init.d/pve-cluster to 4096
>
> Please can you test if that solves your problem?

I preferred setting the limit system-wide (limits.conf.)
As pve-cluster would be overwritten on next update.

I have a good hope that it will also resolve my problems with glusterfs
bricks disconnecting...

Regards,
Alexandre.