[PVE-User] Searching for specific MAC

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Thu Oct 9 14:04:21 CEST 2014

On 10/09/2014 06:10 AM, Gilberto Nunes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think the must easier way is manage this over a manager switch...

In the absence of a managed switch approach, you can issue "arp -n"
across the cluster nodes to see Mac/IP/Port bindings in the most recent
ARP cache.

A long-term solution to this was discussed on the list a year or so ago.
 The approach was to use arpwatch to automate IPs discovered on the
network into corresponding VM configs as comments, such as
 "#IP used by this VM recently: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX[, YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY]*."
As a comment in the VM config, it shows up in the Proxmox GUI.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\