[PVE-User] Migrate failed - clusvcadm -M pvevm:115 -m proxmox01' failed: exit code 239

Hector Suarez Planas hector.suarez at codesa.co.cu
Thu Nov 20 20:15:37 CET 2014

> Hello

Greetings.

> I have an error when I try to migrate one VM on another node. It works
> with all the other VMs except one VM 115. I have this error :

> Executing HA migrate for VM 115 to node cbv-inf-proxmox01
> Trying to migrate pvevm:115 to cbv-inf-proxmox01...Failed; service running
> on original owner
> TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -M pvevm:115 -m cbv-inf-proxmox01' failed:
> exit code 239

> This VM has the same configuration relative the other VM, she is on LVM
> storage shared.

> On pve tasks log, I have these errors :

> Executing HA migrate for VM 115 to node cbv-inf-proxmox04
> Trying to migrate pvevm:115 to cbv-inf-proxmox04...Failed; service running
> on original owner
> TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -M pvevm:115 -m cbv-inf-proxmox04' failed:
> exit code 239
> Executing HA start for VM 115
> Member cbv-inf-proxmox02 trying to enable pvevm:115...Aborted; service
> failed
> TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -e pvevm:115 -m cbv-inf-proxmox02' failed:
> exit code 254

> What does this error mean ?

That mistake Proxmox also gives me. I solved the problem by removing the VM
from HA-Cluster, migrate it as is normally done, and then add it back to the
HA. I use LVM on DRBD with two Proxmox VE  nodes.

I've noticed that it does not happen when the VM is newly added to the HA, I
can migrate without problems, but after a while or when the cluster has
recovered from a problem.

> Thank you in advance !

:)