[PVE-User] Proxmox running on wlan interface

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 00:20:27 CET 2014

Hi guys

I had installed Proxmox on my notebook and I wanna use my Wireless LAN.
I try this, on /etc/network/interfaces file:

auto wlan1
iface wlan1 inet dhcp
        wpa-ssid RS-3
        wpa-psk password

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet manual
        bridge_ports wlan1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

But inside Windows 7 vm I can get any IP address....

I see with brctl show command that bridge vmbr0 was use tap0010 interface...
So I remove that tap interface and try add wlan1 interface but I get this
error:

brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
vmbr0        8000.000000000000    no

brctl addif vmbr0 wlan1
can't add wlan1 to bridge vmbr0: Operation not supported

Thanks for any help...

--
Gilberto Ferreira