[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 3.2 released!

Diaolin diaolin at diaolin.com
Wed Mar 12 08:09:11 CET 2014

Il 2014-03-12 02:03 Alexandre DERUMIER ha scritto:
>>> This does work for you?
>
> I don't have tested it myself.
>
> I thinked it should work
>
> see doc here:
> http://blog.scottlowe.org/2013/05/07/using-gre-tunnels-with-open-vswitch/
>
> ovs-vsctl add-port vmbr0 gre0 -- set interface gre0 type=gre

yeah, me even, i've used this link for the same reason and
this did not work due to the problem explained in the rest
of your mail

> But I just notice that in
> /etc/network/if-pre-up.d/openvswitch
>
> so my config,it's doing
>
> ovs-vsctl add-port vmbr0 gre0  -- set interface gre0 type=internal --
> set interface gre0 type=gre options:remote_ip=<GRE tunnel endpoint on
> other hypervisor>
>
> that's why it doesn't work

clear...

> Does that works for you ?

Yes, tested even in MESH mode
A->B
A->C
B->A
B->C

with stp enabled on the bridge and wotks like a charme....

unique problem is that when i use gre/vxlan i should
set mtu 1432 on the bridge itself or the trasfer between
gre's will be slow

I'll write the patch for using OVSTunnel and if present
i'll add even the ipsec option

Ciao and tx, Diaolin

---