[PVE-User] Create Bond on proxmox 3.1

Gerald Brandt gbr at majentis.com
Mon Mar 3 13:32:41 CET 2014

On 2014-03-02, 7:18 PM, henry wrote:
> Hi all,..
>
> I just want to combine 2 eth and want to create a balance-rr. how can
> i do that?
>

> sorry if it's been discussed before... i just try create bond0
>

> and still can not ping on virtual machine on client. thanks
>
> --
> Best Regards
>

> Henry Leonardi Sutrisna
> PT. Metindo Erasakti
> IT/EDP Dept
The setting are not correct.  You are trying to create a bond using
eth0, which is already used by vmbr0.

First, find two interfaces not already in use.  Create a bond with the
two interfaces.  Do not give the bond an IP address or gateway.

Second, create a bridge.  Give that an IP address, and make its bridge
port the bond device.

Reboot.

Gerald