[PVE-User] Proxmox Wishlist

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Jun 25 09:34:58 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 25/06/14 09:26, admin-at-extremeshok-dot-com wrote:
> Usually mdadm on a boot/root partition leads to corruption, have you
> failed/replaced a drive and tried to recover ?
>
> Relying on something is only good until it fails ..

I have done so a couple of times, without issues, but not on our Proxmox
deployments. We use mdadm for VM data only, root/boot partitions are on
Hw RAID.

I have even recovered a mdadm softraid1 data from a failed Iomega
storcenter ix2 NAS that was in the process of recovering de raid1, just
pluging the disks to a regular PC.

Cheers
Eneko

--