[PVE-User] Proxmox Wishlist

Daejuan Jacobs daejuan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:00:01 CEST 2014

I think a lot of your features are useful, but for the function of Proxmox
as a platform, it's too much work. All of these features can be implemented
by the vendor using Proxmox. More features mean more bugs, and for Proxmox
to be used as a platform, meaning software an organization to build upon,
it's more cruft than needed.

1.) If a person can't figure it out, they should do one of a few things:
hire someone capable to admin the server, hire someone to implement such
functionality, or use a premade commercial software.
2.) Are you referring to the guest or host OS? This can already be done on
the host OS. If you are referring to the guest OS, than I believe it is
unnecessary, as there are numerous open source control panels such as
Webmin that have this functionality.
3.) Software RAID/Fake-RAID is not suited for the enterprise environment,
with that said, you can still run Proxmox on Software RAID, but it's not
supported. You don't need a $300 RAID card, I bought a complete server
recently for $200 that had a built-in LSI SAS1064E controller
4.) I completely agree, JAVA is a pain for some situations, and with HTML5
gaining traction, I do think it should be considered, if it isn't already.
But SPICE is already supported, and works well enough to be a replacement
for JAVA. The only downside being the person has to install the client.