[PVE-User] GlusterFS VM failover

Diaolin diaolin at diaolin.com
Wed Jan 29 09:03:16 CET 2014

Il 2014-01-29 08:34 Dietmar Maurer ha scritto:
>> but with fuse mount from fstab, if you specify only 1server for
>> mountpoint, it's
>> not problem.
>>
>> This is because, the client get the lists of glusterfs servers, when
>> it's connect the
>> first time to the mountpoint.
>> So the failover is handle client side in this case.
>
> Sure. AFAIK this also works with kvm.
>
> But the problem arises when the server is offline during initial
> connect.

Than you say that if i get an initial connection to glusterfs1 and
during
the day glusterfs1goes down but the gluster has a secondary node like
glusterfs2
the kvm itself switches withouth problems to second node?

RIght?

I see this with the old version (fuse mounted) and i am not sure about
the kvm version.

Another question: tracing the writes i've seen that almost 85% of writes
appears on the first brick of the gluster bricks (3.4). With the old
version the writes was about 50% and 50%  (with two bricks).
The reads are OK 50-50

Tx, Diaolin

---
S’à destacà l’ultima föia dal bósch nét