[PVE-User] Add server to non HA cluster

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpn.cnrs.fr
Thu Jan 23 17:57:20 CET 2014

Le 23/01/2014 17:46, Gerald Brandt a écrit :
> I'm adding a new node to my cluster.  Just to make sure I have this right, I execute the 'pvecm add <IP>' on the new node, and the <IP> is the address of the existing cluster.
>
> Correct?  I don't want to get it wrong by mistake, and take out my cluster.

Yes, correct, if your cluster is 2.0 or above (currently 3.1). IP is one
of the existing servers in the cluster. You will be required to enter
the root password of this server, and they will exchanged authentication
keys. Then 'pvecm status' shows you the state of the cluster. You should
see your new node.
See : hhttps://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster

Alain

--
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Photonique et Nanostructures (LPN/CNRS - UPR20)