[PVE-User] VZdump give a damn to MaxFile...

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 08:13:12 CET 2014

Just a comment, not a filesystem war.

This is why I use zfs in the underlying storage, instead of ext3/lvm/vzdump:

live snapshots -> as frequently as I want (every: 15 minutes, hours, days, weeks, months)

only stores the difference (COW) when make a new snapshot

zfs send/receive: very efficient remote backup

it will not hammering the disks all the night (and every night) to get a backup

do not need huge storage locally/remotely just to store some or more backups

Of course, as PVE does not support ZFS as local storage, it needs experience, otherwise really worth the time to learn.

I use zfs on linue since 0.6rc.

Cheersm,

István