[PVE-User] fencing issue

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Sun Jan 5 18:12:17 CET 2014

I'm having an odd issue with fencing - after I fence a node (using IPMI)
and it reboots, it becomes the cluster manager, migrates *almost* all of
the VMs to itself, and refuses to let me migrate any VMs back to other
nodes, complaining that other nodes are dead:

 > Executing HA migrate for VM 102 to node pve03
 > Trying to migrate pvevm:102 to pve03...Target node dead / nonexistent
 > TASK ERROR: command 'clusvcadm -M pvevm:102 -m pve03' failed: exit
code 244

I then have to reboot (or fence) the other nodes before the first node
is willing to migrate anything to them again.

Presumably, this is not correct behaviour - any ideas?

--
-Adam Thompson
  athompso at athompso.net