[PVE-User] cephfs kerneal module

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:57:04 CET 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 02:27:28 PM Dietmar Maurer wrote:
> AFAIK that code is not stable. But I will try to compile and include it for
> testing.

Thanks, appreciated.

I've done testing with ceph-fuse for VM hosting and it works, but performance
is pretty bad. It would be interesting to see if the kernel module is much
better.

Ultimately I'd like to see if it is a viable alternative to rbd direct. Our
testers run snapshots up and down a lot, and snapshot restore on rbd is just
to slow. But with CephFS I can use qcow2, which is much faster.

So production servers could run off rbd and test vm's off cephfs
--
Lindsay