[PVE-User] Change pveproxy to tls1.2

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Tue Dec 2 13:03:32 CET 2014

It's hardcoded but works perfectly (I guess until next upgrade, but anyway).

A way how to disable sslv3 and support tls1.2 and 1.1 is that:

Edit file /usr/bin/pveproxy
Find "method => "tlsv1", comment it out.
Now "ssleay" supports all tls versions and ssl versions.
It's relatively easy to disable sslv3 by adding a line

"sslv3 => 0,"

Add it next to line you just commented.

And to determine what ciphers are allowed, it's easy to edit this in
/etc/default/pveproxy

Suggestion to Proxmox developers: this should be implemented to
configuration file which automatically gets distributed to all nodes.
It's logic that I want all nodes to use same cryptographic algorithms,
not just one.

Keep up the good work!