[PVE-User] backup takes so long to finish

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 19:09:25 CEST 2014

Unfortunately, I do not have such luxury by now... SSD is out of the
question, for a moment...
But I changed from USB device to SAS device, in hope to improve the I/O
performance...  But no success...
The VM itself, is running is SAS as well, since it hosted in an IBM
Storage...

I'm still search the cause of issue...

Thank you BTW...

> Mitigate the I/O bottleneck by assigning different hard drives, even
> consider using enterprise grade ssd.
>

> On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Gilberto Nunes <
> gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hum... At first moment, I thought I/O could being a trouble, since I was
>> ran backup in USB devices.
>> But now, I ran backup task on SAS disk! So performance and I/O is not an
>> issue here...
>> And, I can't shrink the file, because the entire disk is being used to
>> all databases as I described before...
>>
>> If somebody else has any other advice, I will appreciate...
>>  Thank you

>>   High I/O when you backup ?
>>>

>>> Try https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Shrink_Qcow2_Disk_Files (when you have
>>> a good backup!)