[PVE-User] Windows 2008 w/ BSOD

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 17:31:44 CEST 2014

Hello folks...
This's only a knowlodge sharing...

I migrate from Hyper-V to Proxmox a Windows 2008 R2 Server Domain
Controller and get a BSOD, told me that have some error like this:

*"STOP: c00002e2 Directory Services could not start because of the
following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.*

*Error Status: 0xc0000001. Please shutdown this system and reboot into
Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed
information."*

If you running in trouble too, don't panic... pick up your towel and follow
the tutorial bellow:

http://distefano.biz/blog/index.php/2013/01/22/windows-server-2008domain-controller-failed-to-start/

That can save your life and some hairs...

Cheers

Gilberto Ferreira