[PVE-User] Current Maximum Cluster-members?

Timh Bergström timh at shiwebs.net
Tue Aug 12 12:12:37 CEST 2014

Hi all,

A while ago we tried to bring up a cluster with some 20+ members which
failed unless we tweaked some settings (I don't remember 110% which ones
it was but it was defined to allow max 16 members), has this been
changed now? Is the maximum member count still 16 without manual
tweaking? Is there any reasons to this limit?

A side-note, is it possible to make the cluster use unicast instead of
multicast when discovering/communicating? I'm primarily thinking of
scenarios where we have nodes in different datacenters with "stupid"
links that only allow unicast or if we once again gets forced to use
bad/old network equipment that does not allow PIM (cluster members on
different Layer3 networks for example).

Thanks,
--
//T