[PVE-User] How is the default Proxmox partition layout? I am confused by a 16MB partition now.

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Sep 23 17:03:59 CEST 2013

Hi Bruce,

On 23/09/13 16:26, Bruce B wrote:
> Nice command! Gives the whole picture at once.
>
> root at prox1:~# pvs
>   PV         VG   Fmt  Attr PSize PFree
>   /dev/sda2  pve  lvm2 a--  931.01g  16.00g
>   /dev/sdb2       lvm2 a--  931.01g 931.01g
>
> Does that ^^^ mean I have 1TB of free space which I can use? :) If so,
> how should I go about adding it to Proxmox. I would like to take the
> *Safest* and *Simplest* way possible.

Yes, you have a not used disk. If you want to add it to Proxmox VM
storage, you should (first explore commands with -h flag!!!):
1. Add the PV to pve volumegroup (something like 'vgextend pve /dev/sdb')
2. Change size of LV for data in PVE, i.e. 'lvextend -L +915G
/dev/pve/data/'
3. Resize filesystem, i.e. 'resize2fs /dev/pve/data/'

You can do all commands without unmounting the filesystem if you have
used Proxmox defaults (ext3/ext4 filesystem)

I don't know what are you using the server for, but remember that you
don't have data redundancy (raid1).

Cheers
Eneko

--