[PVE-User] SSD Performance test

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Sep 17 12:11:40 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm doing some tests with a Intel SSD 320 300GB disk. This is a 3 Gbps
disk with max ratings of R/W 270/205 MB/s and 39500/23000-400 IOPS.

The disk is attached to a Dell PERC H200 (LSI SAS2008) RAID controller,
no raid, no logical volume, no cache and is mounted as "ext4
(rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered)"

root at butroe:~# pveperf /srv/storage-local-ssd/
CPU BOGOMIPS:      36176.88
REGEX/SECOND:      761809
HD SIZE:           275.08 GB (/dev/sdc)
BUFFERED READS:    211.87 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 0.23 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND:     1373.42
DNS EXT:           157.35 ms

I was expecting a better Fsync/second value, having seen on this list
much better values with spinning disk RAIDs and taking into account this
drive's IOPS rating.

What do you think? Maybe it's the lack of a controller write cache what
is hurting the fsyncs and the value is good with a H200 controller?

Thanks
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico