[PVE-User] KVM VM on NFS worst performance.

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sun Sep 15 12:59:13 CEST 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 00:42:14 +0500
Muhammad Yousuf Khan <sirtcp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dell 490 12 GB RAM, Raidz2. 4 different size drives (500GB available
> storage)
Raidz2 is not blazingly fast when writing. Each write most also write
parity data to all disks in the raid.
http://zfsguru.com/forum/buildingyourownzfsserver/570

> but my part of confusion is why rsync, scp and other protocol from console
> works fine like they are Giving me 50MBPS. even virtualbox VM is doing good
> but on the other hand things are not working with Proxmox.

This is my figures:
        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        vMotion     ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t1d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t0d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-1  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t2d0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t3d0  ONLINE       0     0     0

NAME         PROPERTY          VALUE            SOURCE
vMotion/nfs  compressratio     1.40x            -
vMotion/nfs  recordsize        128K             default
vMotion/nfs  checksum          on               default
vMotion/nfs  compression       lz4              inherited from vMotion
vMotion/nfs  atime             off              inherited from vMotion
vMotion/nfs  aclmode           passthrough      local
vMotion/nfs  aclinherit        passthrough-x    local
vMotion/nfs  xattr             on               default
vMotion/nfs  copies            1                default
vMotion/nfs  version           5                -
vMotion/nfs  utf8only          off              -
vMotion/nfs  normalization     none             -
vMotion/nfs  casesensitivity   sensitive        -
vMotion/nfs  nbmand            off              default
vMotion/nfs  sharesmb          off              default
vMotion/nfs  primarycache      all              default
vMotion/nfs  secondarycache    all              default
vMotion/nfs  dedup             off              default
vMotion/nfs  sync              disabled         inherited from vMotion

[mir at sleipner:~]$ time scp 192.168.2.116:dump.img /tmp
dump.img                             100% 2048MB  32.0MB/s 01:04

real	1m8.962s
user	0m19.844s
sys	0m13.612s
[mir at sleipner:~]$ time scp /tmp/dump.img 192.168.2.116:/tmp
dump.img                             100% 2048MB  19.0MB/s 01:48

real	1m51.179s
user	0m19.892s
sys	0m11.404s

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
I should have been a country-western singer.  After all, I'm older than
most western countries.
		-- George Burns