[PVE-User] hardware issue?

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Thu Sep 12 21:11:53 CEST 2013

Il 12/09/2013 09:33, lyt_yudi at 126.com ha scritto:
> It's PERC H200I, FW Revision:7.15.08.00-IR

ok. I think the h200 does not have a BBU, so it can't be that one.

first check the firmware

I'd do some tests with some other distro which has a more updated kernel
(there has been activity on the driver, but dunno how much of this has
been backported).

If that works then probably it might be a bug in mpt2sas, though proxmox
is using RedHat kernel so it should have come up by now from somebody
else :)

It could also be 'cause you are using the raid as a simple controller
and not as a raid.

There's also a dell version of the driver for RH6 kernel, which seems
pretty recent. You could try that one too (but then be carefull when
upgrading, and be sure to have console access to the server). [1]

But I have no experience with h200, only bigger models, so this are
simply some guesses.

Alessandro

[1]
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/bmdhs1/DriverDetails?driverId=NTNH8