[PVE-User] hardware issue?

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Wed Sep 11 16:56:20 CEST 2013

Il 11/09/2013 03:30, lyt_yudi at 126.com ha scritto:
> hi,
> This device configuration is Dell R510:
> 2TB SAS Disk x 12
> 64G Mem
> Intel Xeon CPU E5620 x 2
> 6Gbps SAS Controller(MPT2BIOS-7.11.10.00(2011.06.02))
>
> Recently,the kernel of the device is crashed,and occurs once every two days.
>
> I have checked the hardware without exception.

It obviously is caused by the raid (either hardware or software)

I had similar problems in the past, and it was the BBU unit of the raid
controller.

Does it say something on the console when you reboot the server?

I'd try removing the BBU as a test, and if it does not crash ask dell to
replace it.

Alessandro