[PVE-User] VMWare to Proxmox migration

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Oct 28 19:05:56 CET 2013

Hi all,

I've just migrated a pair or Win2003 and Win2008 servers from vSphere to
Promox. Migration was succesful and VMs booted Ok with IDE disks.

Then I added an additional virtio disk, just to install virtio driver,
that was succesful too.

Finally, I delete the additional virtio disk, and change the IDE disk to
virtio. VMs boot ok, and install virtio driver for the disk. When
rebooting after this last step, both Windows give me a BSOD. I can boot
them using last known good configuration, using the virtio disk, but it
wants to install the virtio driver again.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong? On device administrator the
disk is showing already as Red Hat virtio SCSI disk, but the driver is
from Microsoft v5,2,3790.3959 and shows files DRIVERS\crcdisk.sys,
DRIVERS\disk.sys and drivers\PartMgr.sys

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico