[PVE-User] disk move from local to LVM over iSCSI Failed

Lutz Willek l.willek at science-computing.de
Mon Oct 28 09:35:14 CET 2013

Hi Gerald,

adapt your LVM configuration to reflect this issue,  it seems LVM device
scanning finds more than one device with the same ID.

check: pvscan (returning with error messages during the scan)

if so, please read:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/de-DE/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/DM_Multipath/multipath_logical_volumes.html

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/Logical_Volume_Manager_Administration/index.html#lvm_filters

Adapt your LVM Filters only to read the uCARP/DRBD interface or
blacklist the other interfaces, then check again. pvscan should not find
any duplicate UUID's any more.

hth, Regards,

Lutz

Am 25.10.2013 17:54, schrieb Gerald Brandt:
> I have 3 potential paths to the same iSCSI unit
>
> 1. management interface  (10.1.50.1)
> 2. iSCSI interface       (192.168.20.1)
> 3. uCARP/DRBD interface  (192.168.20.100)
>
> I connect to the iSCSI via the 192.168.20.100 interface, which floats to the primary DRBD server (failover/ha)
>
> Gerald

Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards

         Lutz Willek

--
________________________________creating IT solutions
Lutz Willek                     science + computing ag