[PVE-User] Backup recommendation

Guy guy at britewhite.net
Tue Oct 15 11:13:23 CEST 2013

I use bacula to manage my backups.. And rather than backing up to tapes.. I use SATA drives.. They are cheap and store greater capacity.  I maintain several copies of the data.. Including an online backup and an off site backup.. Where I treat the disks as if they were tapes and remove them and store them in a flight case off site.

take a look at bacula and vchanger (which is the disk as tape system).

As for data integrity I have a script which exports interesting databases to an SQL file on a file system which is then backed up.  This way I keep the VM as a complete backup and can reload the SQL from backup if necessary.

--Guy