[PVE-User] 3 node PVE cluster, need recommendation.

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 20:42:16 CEST 2013

we are planning to host a SaaS for our few New customers.
DRBD worked well for us but for 2 nodes. but what if Site goes down.we  we
need things up and running with out single transaction lost into our
database.

we also have drbd option but unfortunately DRBD till 8.x only support 2
nodes.
secondly drbd protocol A which is highly adviced for WAN, has some chances
loosing data. as it work on TCP threshold.

as per my personal experience i thought first that we should use 2 node
cluster PVE. then ZFS snapshot should be transferd to Remote site. since
snapshots are not realtime replication, therefore data will be loss which
we do not want. any advice where i can run 2 server on site and 1 server
off site with no single transaction lost.

Note : we will be hosting a Microsoft platform.

any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,