[PVE-User] (Unsupported) SoftRAID on multipath

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Mon Nov 25 17:20:09 CET 2013

Hi all,

Maybe this question belongs to a debian administrator's list, but I
thought someone could have some experience with this, and it could be of
interest to other users.

We have a Proxmox node with a directory storage:
      - The directory is a mountpoint for a SoftRAID (RAID1) device,
with 2 devices. (md0)
         * Device one is a local disk (sdb)
         * Device two is a multipath network iSCSI disk (dm-3)

When the server boots up, md0 is degraded because it couldn't find dm-3.

I have looked to mdraid and multipath init scripts and it seems that
multipath is trying to start multipath devices before networking is up.

Has someone had this issue?

Thanks a lot
Eneko

--