[PVE-User] cpus parameter

Jordi Cerdan jcerdan at tecob.com
Wed Nov 20 21:59:28 CET 2013

Hi,

I have a proxmox server with many OpenVZ conatiners running and I see
that I can use parameter --cpus when creating a new OpenVZ conatiner

vzctl create ... --cpus X ...

I understand the use of cpulimit and cpuunits. But, what's about cpus???
I had a look at the OpenVZ wiki but couldn't find nothing about it.

Could someone point me where it's explained or, if nothing's on the web,
explain me what's that parameter and its sense?

All my CT's have same cpulimits, cpuunits and cpus, as for the moment I
dont use thos parameters.
vzlist -o ctid,cpulimit,cpuunits,cpus
       CTID  CPULIM  CPUUNI  CPUS
        101       0    1000     1