[PVE-User] Offline VM unreachable

Jonathan Schaeffer jonathan.schaeffer at univ-brest.fr
Tue Mar 26 16:03:11 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm going forward on testing HA.

So far I was able to setup HA for 3 nodes managing 2 VMs and an IP service.
It's working great.

During one of my tests, I shut down one VM and let the other one running.
Both were "managed" by the same node.
I switched off the IP interface of this node to provoke fencing from the
cluster.
The running VM is then restarted on a working node.

But the offline VM is stuck on the offline node. I can't do anything
with it. Is there a way to tell the cluster to move it to the other
nodes also ?

Clustat says :

| Member Name| ID | Status                   |
|------------+----+--------------------------|
| pmtest1    |  1 | Online, rgmanager        |
| pmtest2    |  2 | Online, Local, rgmanager |
| pmtest3    |  3 | Offline                  |

| Service Name             | Owner    (Last) | State    |
| pvevm:100                | pmtest1         | started  |
| pvevm:101                | (pmtest3)       | disabled |
| service:PromoxMngIP      | pmtest1         | started  |

Cheers,

jonathan

--
IUEM - Service Informatique