[PVE-User] Difficulties to test fencing

Jonathan Schaeffer jonathan.schaeffer at univ-brest.fr
Mon Mar 25 17:25:01 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm testing the fencing on my cluster of DeLL servers with iDRAC6.

No particular problem with the global setup (I guess) the wiki is pretty
usefull for that.

I can reboot my server without problem using the fence_idrac command
directly :
fence_drac5  -a pmtest3-ipmi -l proxmox -p xxxxx -c "admin1->"
The return code is 0.

When I try the same whith fence_node, the server switches off, but the
command returns an error. So fenced continues to kill the server
indefinitely.

# fence_node pmtest3 -vv
fence pmtest3 dev 0.0 agent fence_drac5 result: error from agent
agent args: nodename=pmtest3 agent=fence_drac5 cmd_prompt=admin1->
ipaddr=172.16.7.33 login=proxmox login_timeout=20 passwd=xxxxxx secure=1
fence pmtest3 failed

In /var/log/pve/fenced.log :
Mar 25 17:00:24 fenced fencing node pmtest3
Mar 25 17:00:32 fenced fence pmtest3 dev 0.0 agent fence_drac5 result:
error from agent
Mar 25 17:00:32 fenced fence pmtest3 failed

I don't know what to do to solve this. Any hint ?

Thanks,

jonathan

--
IUEM - Service Informatique