[PVE-User] Veth Network Device

David Thompson david at digitaltransitions.ca
Fri Mar 22 16:49:26 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have a quick question that I am sure is easily answerable.

I am trying to add in a virtual interface on an openVZ container with CentOS 6 and a Veth network
I can add it, see the virtual MAC address and so on, however when I go into /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, I only see the ifcfg-lo interface.

Do I need to do something other in order to get something like ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfr-veth100 or something similar.

Having never had to apply a veth type interface to an openvz container, I'm a little lost as to how to properly set it. I know how to set a static IP in cent OS, but I don't see the interface in the list of options in the virtual guest.

Thanks,

David