[PVE-User] Massive live migrations

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Wed Mar 20 12:31:43 CET 2013

Hello,

I want that since the beginning. XEN Center has it, I think VMware
too...

There is two problems to solve to be right :
- Where migrating the VMs (this should work even without HA set up)
- Remember where the VMs were, to migrate them back after the node come
back

That's why I thing it is not so simple.

What I personally do, is a "for" loop on the node I want to bring down.

For example :
List the running VMs (and keep it somewhere to bring them back) :
# vzlist
      CTID      NPROC STATUS    IP_ADDR         HOSTNAME
       100         35 running   172.20.1.157    vmlxcap024.xxx
       101         72 running   172.20.1.163    vmlxcap030.xxx
# qm list
(I don't have kvm VMs)

# for vm in 100 101; do vzmigrate --live node2 $vm; done
# for vm in 101 102; do qm migrate -online $vm node3 ; done

Something like that.