[PVE-User] Proxmox VE 2.3 released!

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Wed Mar 13 18:35:25 CET 2013

>>Is it possible to have some machines running 2.2 and some 2.3 keeping
>>the ability to live-migrate between nodes ?

Hi, it's possible, but your vms on proxmox 2.2 need to use qemu-kvm 1.3.

Initial release of proxmox 2.2 was qemu-kvm 1.2, and an upgrade to 1.3 has been done.

(migration between qemu-kvm 1.2 and qemu-kvm 1.3 is not possible)

You can do "info version" in monitor of each vm to seen the kvm version.

On 04/03/2013 12:51, Martin Maurer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We just released Proxmox VE 2.3, including countless improvements and a lot of exiting new features like the new KVM http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Backup_and_Restore - without the need of LVM.

Hi Martin,

Is it possible to have some machines running 2.2 and some 2.3 keeping
the ability to live-migrate between nodes ?

I ask since I plan to upgrade a 4 node setup to 2.3 without downtime.

Cheers,

Laurent