[PVE-User] Can not build cluster in 3.0

Ben Hambleton ben at towerhill.org
Mon Jun 24 14:51:50 CEST 2013

Hello. I have been following the instructions in
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_2.0_Cluster to create a cluster on
the same subnet with private IPs. I have made sure the hosts files are
correct, and time is synced. However when I log into the second node and
run pvecm add IP-ADDRESS-CLUSTER the following happens:

root at IP-ADDRESS-CLUSTER's password:

copy corosync auth key

stopping pve-cluster service

Stopping pve cluster filesystem: pve-cluster.

backup old database

Starting pve cluster filesystem : pve-clustercan't create shared ssh key
database '/etc/pve/priv/authorized_keys'

.

Starting cluster:

Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot... [ OK ]

Checking Network Manager... [ OK ]

Global setup... [ OK ]

Mounting configfs... [ OK ]

Starting cman... [ OK ]

Waiting for quorum... Timed-out waiting for cluster

[FAILED]

waiting for quorum...

It will just sit there for ages and do nothing. I have reformatted and
reinstalled the node again and the same thing happens. Am I missing
something? Any idea as to where to look would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben