[PVE-User] Capabilities of API - Bandwidth Metering?

Chris Bartels chris at christopherbartels.com
Fri Jun 7 05:03:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a question regarding the capabilities of the PVE API.

I'd like to use PVE in a service provider setting, to provide dedicated
servers to customers who would rent full server sized VMs running alone in
PVE servers.

So I'm thinking about how I'm going to have someone design a customer portal
for me & I'm wondering how I'm going to implement a bandwidth meter for
them.

I imagine I can do basic things with the API like provide local terminals,
power buttons, optical drives to forward local CD drives & mount .iso's, but
I don't know if I can provide bandwidth metering capabilities so they would
know where they are in terms of their allotted monthly bandwidth for the
server, and how much they've gone over, if any.

Would someone please advise on this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris