[PVE-User] Question about Proxmox HA

Leslie-Alexandre DENIS infoslad at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 17:52:55 CET 2013

Hi everybody,

Just to say, I'm currently building a HA topology that consists of 3
nodes, one NFS or iSCSI filer and 2 hypervisors with HA capability.
All of my experiments are far from finished but I can understand the
Gilberto's point of view regarding fencing vs scripting plus manual tasks.
You can consider to "fence" in a semi-auto way with fping and L2/L3
probes if you don't have all the hardware necessary to fence correctly.
The result is almost the same if you do it correctly.

I'll let you know how I had setup my HA after my labs tests.

PS : concerning the NFS storage, you might want to virtualize some
FreenNAS or custom SAN software solution on top of ZFS and replicate the
data to another VM.
I would love to hear some feedbacks about that type of solution because
It adds some SPOF to the topology.

Kind regards,