[PVE-User] Question about Proxmox HA

athompso at athompso.net athompso at athompso.net
Sat Dec 7 02:05:20 CET 2013

Short answer: because some of us just want the flexibility of taking a node down for maintenance and have enough safety built into the system that we don't care if one node goes haywire.
I'll probably retract that statement the first time a node goes haywire in a way that damages data.
My quorum connection is over the same network (bond0) as storage and client VM I/O, so I'm trusting that if a node fails in a way that results in split-brain, it'll be self-isolating anyway.
I could be wrong, but downtime is only an inconvenience for me right now, not critical.
(Having said all that, I do use IPMI fencing because it's available.)
-Adam