[PVE-User] Ceph storage in proxmox nodes

Glen Aidukas GAidukas at BehaviorMatrix.com
Fri Apr 12 21:05:09 CEST 2013

I’m also interested in implementing ceph natively on proxmox (not in a vm).

I currently have a cluster of about 12+ host notes.  Each has a 6 or 8TB Raid5 volume that is used for DAS for the given node.  Due to this I’m not able to use live migration.  I would like to make all of the PM nodes also ceph osd nodes and then in place of using local storage for my VMs I would like to use the ceph rbd.   I could then make better use of all my disks, be able to do live migration or even HA and have better redundancy for all of my VMs.

While I could setup separate ceph nodes from my proxmox nodes I would like to make better use of what I currently have.

I would like to hear from others on their thoughts.  What are the issues?  Performance, reliability, other concerns…

Thanks!

Glen Aidukas  [Manager IT Infrasctructure]
W: 610-813-2815  C: 484-855-0071
E: GAidukas at BehaviorMatrix.com<mailto:GAidukas at BehaviorMatrix.com>    www.BehaviorMatrix.com<http://www.behaviormatrix.com/>

[BehaviorMatrix Logo3x.7]<http://www.behaviormatrix.com/>
Don’t just listen. Understand. - BehaviorMatrix, LLC  - 676 Dekalb Pike, Suite 108 - Blue Bell, PA 1942

From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Fabrizio Cuseo
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 4:15 PM
To: Eric Abreu Alamo; pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Subject: Re: [PVE-User] Ceph storage in proxmox nodes

I have done it creating a Vm on the local storage for each node, mounting two or more lvm storage for ceph
Eric Abreu Alamo <eabreu at acaa.cult.cu<mailto:eabreu at acaa.cult.cu>> ha scritto:

 Hello to all people

Lately I wonder if would be posible to build a proxmox procesing and storage cluster with the same servers. For example, if I have 4 server (nodes) and i want to install proxmox and ceph to each cluster node and use same procesing node as cluster server storage. I have been thinking to install debian, install and config ceph and later install proxmox. It's that possible?

Sorry my english

Thank's in Advance