[PVE-User] Exec command hpacucli no controllers detected in proxmox 2.0

Gilles Mocellin gilles.mocellin at nuagelibre.org
Tue Apr 9 14:15:55 CEST 2013

Le mar. 09 avril 2013 12:47:04 CEST, maykel at maykel.sytes.net a écrit :
> [...]

> Thanks. I resolved my problem with:
>
> http://blog.wpkg.org/2012/03/15/hpacucli-error-no-controllers-detected-with-hpsa-module-in-use/
>

> But I get this error in slot0 raid1:
>
> root at proxmox-test:/home# ./uname26 hpacucli ctrl all show config
>
> Smart Array P410i in Slot 0 (Embedded) (sn: 5001438011863CB0)
>
> array A (SAS, Unused Space: 0 MB)
>

> logicaldrive 1 (136.7 GB, RAID 1, OK)
>
> physicaldrive 1I:1:1 (port 1I:box 1:bay 1, SAS, 146 GB,
> Predictive Failure)
> physicaldrive 1I:1:2 (port 1I:box 1:bay 2, SAS, 146 GB, OK)
>
> Why predictive failure?? Disk damaged??
>
> I search in google and found:
>
> A drive with prefailure won't necessarily have an LED indicator
> (sometimes it's a slow amber blink), so identifying it for smart hands
> is a good idea. You don't need to remove the drive from the array or
> re-add it, though. Those functions will be handled by the controller
> automatically. All you will need is the hpacucli controller slot=1 pd
> 1:8 modify led=on line.
>
> Can I exec the command "hpacucli controller slot=1 pd 1:8 modify
> led=on" and resolved it??
>
> Thanks in advanced and thanks for all. Sorry for my english.

Predictive Failure is detected from the S.M.A.R.T Attibutes of the drive.
Your disk certainly already has bad blocks, but have relocated them,
form the moment.

If you have a HP Care Pack or some support contract, you should order a
drive replacement.

The command you show will not repair anything, it's  meant to locate the
drive if there is no indicator (red/amber) on the drive.