[PVE-User] AD/LDAP Auth in 2.0

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Sun Mar 25 10:47:41 CEST 2012

Please can you file a bug at bugzilla.proxmox.com?

From: pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com [mailto:pve-user-bounces at pve.proxmox.com] On Behalf Of Hart, Brian R.
Sent: Sonntag, 25. März 2012 06:55
To: pve-user at pve.proxmox.com
Subject: [PVE-User] AD/LDAP Auth in 2.0

All,

I was having a hard time trying to figure out why when I added an AD or LDAP Realm to the authentication modes it wouldn't let me select it when trying to add a user.  Then I realized that it was inserting a blank space in the realm list where I can add a user.  It seems that it is pulling the  "Comment" field from the authentication server and not the realm name itself.  This is a little misleading for two reasons.  When adding a user it specifically says Realm which makes me think it should be what I specified for the realm name.  And also because the "Comment" field isn't required.  I think its OK if it uses the comment field from that as long as that field is required otherwise you end up with it not showing up in the list which makes it look like its not working.

HTH --

Brian