[PVE-User] Downgrade kernel 2.6.32 to 2.6.18 in Proxmox 1.9

Peter Hinse loco at d0pefish.de
Mon Mar 19 10:24:47 CET 2012

Hi all,

since upgrading our OpenVZ-only Proxmox from 1.8 to 1.9 and changing to
proxmox-ve-2.6.32 from proxmox-ve-2.6.18 we suffer from a huge
performance loss within the virtual containers.

Besides having to give all containers at least two CPUs to avoid the JVM
bug, the I/O performance is much worse than before. Especially when
checking out or updating SVN repositories or copying lots of small files
the system is much slower than before.

Is it possible to downgrade proxmox-ve-2.6.32 to proxmox-ve-2.6.18 in
Proxmox 1.9?

Thanks in advance,

	Peter