[PVE-User] Intallation to usb drive

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Fri Mar 16 11:56:36 CET 2012

Hi Yilmaz,

No, your english is good, but I did not understand your question, as it
is more frequent to install from USB stick. I see now what you mean, I
think you refer to the way VMware can be run from USB stick, but I don't
know if it is (at this moment) possible with Proxmox VE, as it is
configured to format both system and LVM storage partitions on hard
drive. Perhaps other people tried that and can answer better ?

Alain

Le 16/03/2012 11:41, Yılmaz Bilgili a écrit :
> Hi Alain,
>
> Thank you for your reply but I asked for intallation to usb stick, not
> installation from usb stick.
>
> Sorry, it may be my poor English.
>
> To be more clear, I want to setup PVE on a usb stick and run it from
> this stick.
>
> Many thanks.
>

> On 16-03-2012 12:34, Alain Péan wrote:
>> Hi Yilmaz,
>>
>> The answer is yes. See :
>> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Install_from_USB_Stick
>>
>> Alain
>>
>> Le 16/03/2012 11:00, Yılmaz Bilgili a écrit :
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I will setup my first 2.0 installation. Is it possible to install
>>> Proxmox PVE 2.0 to a USB stick?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Attention !! :  Nouveau numéro de Telephone : 01-44-27-92-39
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés