[PVE-User] HA using mulltiple network interfaces.

Alain Péan alain.pean at lpp.polytechnique.fr
Mon Mar 12 13:35:01 CET 2012

Hi Carles,

Le 12/03/2012 13:07, "[SOLTECSIS] Carles Xavier Munyoz Baldó" a écrit :
> Yes. This is the output of the pvecm status command:
> [...]
> Version: 6.2.0
> Config Version: 25
> Cluster Name: Bitherm-Madrid
> Cluster Id: 41870
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Cluster Generation: 292
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 2
> Expected votes: 1
> Total votes: 2
> Node votes: 1
> Quorum: 1
> Active subsystems: 6
> Flags: 2node
> Ports Bound: 0 177
> Node name: amon
> Node ID: 1
> Multicast addresses: 239.192.163.50
> Node addresses: 10.55.15.1
> [...]
>
> We believe that we can setup Corsync to take into account all network
> interfaces but we don't know if we can do it using the Proxmox cluster
> commands.

I did not yet tried to setup HA on my test cluster, but I suspect
'Quorum: 1' is your problem. With this setup, each node thinks it has
the quorum, so disables the other. I think tou need at least three nodes
for HA, and a Quorum of 2.

Alain

Alain Péan - LPP/CNRS
Administrateur Système/Réseau
Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
Observatoire de Saint-Maur
4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
94100 Saint-Maur des Fossés
Tel : 01-45-11-42-39 - Fax : 01-48-89-44-33
Attention, nouveau numéro UPMC à partir du 12/03 : 0144279239