[PVE-User] New Kernel, stable KVM 1.1, sheepdog and ceph (pvetest)

Martin Maurer martin at proxmox.com
Thu Jul 12 08:28:49 CEST 2012

Hi all,

we just released a bunch of new packages to our test repository (pvetest), including latest stable OpenVZ Kernel (042stab057.1), stable KVM 1.1, new cluster package, bug fixes and code cleanups.

Additionally, we added first packages to support two distributed storage technologies - ceph http://ceph.com/ceph-storage/block-storage/  (client) and sheepdog http://www.osrg.net/sheepdog  . Both technologies are looking great but note, currently it's not yet ready for production use. sheepdog support is not yet completed but we are working on this.

Important Note for HA setups:
the redhat-cluster-pve package provides new defaults and you need to accept the new one - answer with Y here. as soon as the installations is finished, you need to enable fencing again, see http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Fencing#Enable_fencing_on_all_nodes

Everybody is encouraged to test and give feedback!

After installation and reboot (aptitude update && aptitude full-upgrade), your 'pveversion -v' should look like this:
__
pveversion -v

pve-manager: 2.1-11 (pve-manager/2.1/4f19868f)
running kernel: 2.6.32-13-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-71
pve-kernel-2.6.32-13-pve: 2.6.32-71
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2