[PVE-User] proxmox 2.0 file system

Severin Kacianka severin.kacianka at aau.at
Wed Jan 25 15:44:08 CET 2012

Hello,

I just wanted to install proxmox on a new server and noticed that both
1.9 and 2.0 want to use ext3 as file system. The problem with ext3 is,
that it only supports volumes up to 16TB size. As our new server has
more and I do not really want to create multiple smaller volumes, I
would need the ability to change the file system. The lenny installer
(to my knowledge) only supports ext3, so installing from lenny is not
really an option for me.
Is there any hope, that the default install will switch to ext4 (or
offer a choice in the file system)? What would be the simplest and
cleanest solution for me? Install debian squeeze (6.0) and install
proxmox 2.0 ontop of it?

Best Regards,
Severin Kacianka